Saturday, 27 February 2010

The Temple of St. Simeon the Myrrh-flowing - Hram Sv. Simeona Mirotočivog

St. Simeon the Myrrh-flowing (Greek: Elaiovrytis;English: He who flows with the Holy Oil)

Stefan Nemanja (Old Church Slavonic: Стѣфань, Serbian: Стефан Немања, pronounced [ˈstɛfaːn ˈnɛmaɲa] ) (1109– 13 February 1199) was a Medieval Serb nobleman, descended from the Vukanović who was Grand Prince (Serbian: Велики Жупан) of the medieval Serb state of Raška(Рашка) from 1166 to 1199. He established control over the territories of neighboring states, including Zeta/Doclea, and unified them into a single state. He founded the Nemanjić dynasty and became recognized as an Orthodox Christian Saint (Symeon) after numerous alleged miracles following his death.

5 comments:

Leif Hagen said...

Very nice photo of the Temple - I wonder what it looks like inside ...

Bibi said...

Hi, Paja! This church is not far from me, and I've posted it a couple of times, but never from above!

Igor Ursić Paja said...

Hi Bibi!
So we are definitely neighbors!

This one is from my balcony!

I have heard that they are planning to build three 5 story buildings in front on Proleterske solidarnosti st.!!!!
...will block my view on the Temple

Bibi said...

So that's where you are! :) I am on the other side of the highway! The arean dome blocks my view of the temple. We should meet for coffee sometime!

tagskie said...

Nice blog you got here... Just droppin' by to say hi! http://www.arts-and-entertainment.info